10 Must-Know Tips for Getting the Message Out on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter @Buieco
Being able to engage your audience on Twitter is a must-have skill for any communicator. Here are some insights into getting your message out there and raising brand awareness.
- Share your brand-related and produced content.
- Tweet regularly. Four to seven times per day is a good average.
- Check your tweet after posting to ensure there are no typos.
- Include a call to action. Followers want to be engaged, but you have to provide them with the means to do so. Give them an opportunity to be part of the conversation.
- Hashtags are an effective tool for pushing your content. Pick a word in your Twitter messaging that can be used as a relevant search term and hashtag it. This will allow your Twitter feed to be targeted in searches.
- Share quotes and photos that are relevant to your audience.
- Create Twitter lists of industry experts and follow them.
- Follow relevant associations and industry competitors, especially influencers.
- Retweet the best content from those associations and competitors.
- Monitor your Twitter account all day, responding when necessary.