Now Hiring: Account Executive
Title: Account Executive
Location: Austin, Texas
This mid-level role is for a creative self-starter who wants to affect Central Texas in a positive and inclusive way. You are excited to roll up your sleeves and work alongside a variety of clients to solve some of the most significant and complex issues facing our region.
You have hands-on experience in the world of client service, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You communicate easily with coworkers and clients. You love to write, and you appreciate the nuances of language and the art of storytelling. You push yourself to always deliver the highest-quality work, but you also know how to make and take a joke. You’re eager to be part of a small but dynamic, growing team.
You will be expected to:
- Proactively contribute to day-to-day client management, keeping accounts on time and on budget;
- Draft client messaging, blog posts, social media content, media alerts, press releases and more;
- Research and develop press lists and pitch the media, building relationships with reporters and working with them to tell our clients’ stories in new and impactful ways;
- Manage stakeholder databases, navigating the nuances of various audiences in Central Texas;
- Plan and support community events such as charrettes and open houses and organize feedback in a meaningful way; and,
- Work within teams to solve difficult communication challenges and engage the community around issues including transportation, housing and education.
You will be a good fit if you bring:
- 3-5 years’ full-time work experience in public relations or a similar field (agency experience preferred);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a distinct voice and style, able to advise clients with clarity and confidence;
- Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Creative, solution-oriented approach to tasks and challenges;
- Hard-working attitude with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects; and,
- Team mentality with a desire to collaborate across client accounts and across teams.
Knowledge of design and experience with Adobe Creative programs a plus, as is a background in education or real estate.
You can expect in return:
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance and HSA contribution, 401k matching after one year of employment, three weeks paid vacation in addition to holidays, and paid membership into a professional industry organization of your choice.
About Buie & Co.
Buie & Co. is a full-service public relations, governmental affairs and creative services firm based in Austin, Texas. We work with our clients to tell stories, engage audiences, create awareness and build loyalty.
The firm is built on a culture of communication, integrity, respect and creativity. We operate in a team environment, partnering with our clients to develop and implement strategic communication initiatives to achieve their organizational goals. We are focused on client mission and vision; on substance over style; on quality over quantity.
Our office is known for its creative, audacious culture. We encourage fresh ideas and welcome new perspectives. We are looking for a teammate who demonstrates a strong desire to learn, who is self-motivated and detail-oriented, who lives for a challenge and stays calm under pressure, and who wants to make Central Texas an even better place to live.
How to apply:
Please email the following items to Ashley Kegley-Whitehead at Ashley@buieco.com:
- Cover letter explaining what attracts you to Buie & Co. and why you think you’ll be a fit
- Three references
Applicants who best fit the position will be contacted for an interview. A writing exercise will be required as part of the process.