Now Hiring: Bookkeeper / Office Manager
Title: Bookkeeper / Office Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
This role is for a talented self-starter to handle bookkeeping and office management functions for a growing Austin-based public relations and marketing firm. You want to affect Central Texas in a positive and inclusive way, and you are excited to roll up your sleeves to support a variety of clients that are tackling some of the most significant and complex issues facing our region.
You will oversee bookkeeping functions, accounts payable/accounts receivable and work with the full team on expense tracking and reporting, travel arrangements, office logistics and special projects as needed. You will work closely with the executive team to help build out the firm’s accounting processes and internal systems.
You have hands-on experience in the world of finance and operations, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You communicate easily with co-workers and clients. You love numbers and you appreciate the nuances of accounting and the art of spreadsheet building. You push yourself to always deliver the highest-quality work, and you’re eager to be part of a dynamic and growing team.
You will be expected to:
- Handle all aspects of bookkeeping, including monthly invoicing and collections for 25+ clients;
- Provide owners with financial reports and cost analysis such as cash flow, income statement, balance sheet, etc.;
- Provide mid-month productivity reporting for 10+ employees;
- Manage bank reconciliations and record keeping;
- Process payroll, including 1099s and tax reporting;
- Manage company 401k program;
- Cover general office management tasks including team travel arrangements, supply management, organization, etc.
You will be a good fit if you bring:
- 2-5 years of full-time work experience (creative agency experience is a plus);
- Strong understanding of accounting best practices;
- Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Hard-working attitude with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects;
- Creative, solution-oriented approach to tasks and challenges; and,
- Mentor mindset with a desire to collaborate to help leadership navigate (and reach) various financial goals.
You can expect in return:
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance and HSA contribution, 401k matching after one year of employment, 30 days paid vacation in addition to 10+ holidays, and paid membership into a professional industry organization of your choice.
About Buie & Co.
Buie & Co. is a full-service public relations, governmental affairs and creative services firm based in Austin, Texas. We work with our clients to tell stories, engage audiences, create awareness and build loyalty.
The firm is built on a culture of communication, integrity, respect and creativity. We operate in a team environment, partnering with our clients to develop and implement strategic communication initiatives to achieve their organizational goals.
Our office is known for its creative and inclusive culture. We encourage fresh ideas and welcome new perspectives. We are looking for a teammate who demonstrates a strong desire to learn, who is self-motivated and detail-oriented, who lives for a challenge and stays calm under pressure, and who wants to make Central Texas a better place to live.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Buie & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and places a high value in creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. Buie & Co. does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy or parenthood. We believe diverse teams are effective teams and that innovation is only possible when a set of diverse experiences and perspectives are at the table. We have flexibility around formal education, and our minimum requirements are preferred but not mandatory.
How to apply:
Please email the following items to Ashley Kegley-Whitehead at Ashley@buieco.com:
- Cover letter explaining what attracts you to Buie & Co. and why you think you’ll be a fit
- Three references
Applicants who best fit the position will be contacted for an interview. A skills exercise will be required as part of the process.