Now Hiring: Developer (Full Stack WordPress)
Title: Developer (Full Stack WordPress)
Location: Austin, Texas
Buie & Co. is looking to hire a full stack WordPress developer to manage and optimize both the design and development of various websites. From the boutique real estate developer in West Austin to the regional recycler or the City down the street, our clients come from both the public and private-sector industries and fall into two primary categories: infrastructure and social cause. We work on meaningful projects that are shaping Central Texas in the most significant and complex ways.
Feel like rolling up your sleeves to help out, let’s talk!
You will be expected to:
- Produce outstanding websites for Central Texas brands – sites that are beautiful, functional, and guided by data.
- Maintain, design, and implement new features and functionality on our WordPress properties.
- Work with our design team to convert layouts and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Create and optimize landing pages, opt-in forms, payment plug-ins, e-commerce sections, and various full-fledge sites to improve our PR and marketing efforts.
- Help scope web projects and ensure they are completed on time and on budget
- Work with a team to solve difficult design challenges; we need idea generators who can create concepts and see them through to production
- Research and discover new website and design trends and technologies
- Continuously challenge and push yourself
You will be a good fit if you bring:
- At least 2 years of experience working as a web developer, with significant experience working with custom plugins for WordPress and with a variety of themes
- You communicate clearly in both spoken and written forms. You’re concise, articulate, expressive, and appreciate good grammar whether you’re brainstorming with leadership or problem-solving with a client via email.
- You are a team player an¬d shares information across agency teams.
- You share work early and often, and seek out constructive feedback. You actively work with your team to filter and prioritize feedback.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting themes and plugin issues.
- You’re capable of providing guidance, advice, and estimates on various development tasks.
- Ability to apply all brand styles in CSS through themes, plugins, etc.
- Domain / DNS configuration, Cloudflare.
- Wireframing / use-case / flow diagram capabilities.
- User testing and interview experience.
- Creative, imaginative, active, solutions-oriented approach to tasks and challenges
- Detail-oriented and organized. You work well in teams and on your own.
- High energy, hard working with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects
- The desire and motivation to grow individually and expand the firm’s capabilities; train new team members
- A positive attitude
You can expect in return:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, 401k, holidays, paid vacation and paid enrollment in a professional industry organization of your choice.
About Buie & Co.
Buie & Co. is a rapidly growing full-service public relations, governmental affairs and creative services firm based in Austin, Texas. Our agency works with companies and organizations to create awareness, engage audiences, build loyalty, shape brands and tell stories.
The firm is built on a culture of communication, integrity, respect and creativity. We operate in a team environment, partnering with our clients to develop strategic and innovative communication approaches aligned with their organizational goals. Our team advocates communication strategies that are clear, consistent and transparent. We are focused on client mission and vision; on substance over style; on quality versus quantity.
Our office is known for its creative, entrepreneurial culture. We encourage fresh ideas and welcome new perspectives. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates a strong desire to learn and grow, is self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, an effective multi-tasker, strong writer and great communicator.
How to apply:
Please email the following items to Ashley Kegley-Whitehead at Ashley@buieco.com:
- Cover letter explaining what attracts you to Buie & Co. and why you think you’ll be a fit
- A link to your online portfolio
- Three references
Applicants who best fit the position will be contacted for an interview. A writing exercise will be required as part of the process.