Now Hiring: Designer
Posted on 7/6/2017
Location: Austin, Texas
Do you love design and problem-solving? Are you looking to spread your creative wings in a place that’s challenging and fun? Are you ready to work on a variety of creative projects, including branding + identity systems, website design and development and marketing collateral?
Here’s your opportunity to put your talent to work for some of the most interesting private- and public-sector clients in Central Texas. Currently, we are hiring a Designer to manage the creative team and help us grow our portfolio. The ideal candidate would have agency experience and be cross trained to work on websites, branding and support collateral. This multi-disciplinary designer would serve on multiple accounts.
- Produce outstanding designs for Central Texas brands – including identity systems, environmental graphics, interactive experiences, videos and more
- Collaborate across disciplines (design, strategy, UI/UX and development) with internal staff, contract employees and vendors
- Work within WordPress to design, develop and produce new client websites v Help scope creative projects and ensure they are completed on time and on budget
- Work with a team to solve difficult design challenges; we need idea generators who can create concepts and see them through to production
- Work with vendors to ensure designs are implemented accurately v Produce design specifications/style guides (graphics and writing) v Research and discover new design trends and technologies
- Continuously challenge and push yourself
- 5 to 7 years of experience working in brand design and digital space
- Expert-level proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understanding of WordPress
- Proven proactive communication & collaborative habits
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Must have an understanding of prepress, setting up mechanicals, paper and printing techniques
- Knowledge of Word, Powerpoint, and any video editing software is a plus
- Creative, imaginative, active, solution-oriented approach to tasks and challenges
- Strong organizational skills as well as focused attention to detail
- High energy, hard working with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects
- The desire and motivation to grow the design team, expand the firm’s capabilities and train new team members
- A positive attitude
- Team player and one who shares information across agency teams
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, 401k, holidays, three weeks paid vacation and paid enrollment in a professional industry organization of your choice.
About Buie & Co. Public Relations:
Buie & Co. is a rapidly growing full-service public relations, governmental affairs and creative services firm based in Austin, Texas. Our agency works with companies and organizations to create awareness, engage audiences, build loyalty, increase brand awareness and tell stories.
The firm is built on a culture of communication, integrity, respect and creativity. We operate in a team environment, partnering with our clients to develop strategic and innovative communication approaches aligned with their organizational goals. Our team advocates communication strategies that are clear, consistent and transparent. We are focused on client mission and vision; on substance over style; on quality versus quantity. Our office is known for its creative, entrepreneurial culture. We encourage fresh ideas and welcome new perspectives. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates a strong desire to learn and grow, is self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, an effective multi-tasker, strong writer and great communicator.
Please, email the following items to Ashley Kegley-Whitehead at Ashley@buieco.com:
- Cover letter
- A link to your online portfolio
- Three references
- Salary history
Applicants best fitting the position will be contacted for an interview. A web and/or design exercise will be required as part of the interview. If you’d like to review our current company portfolio please visit www.creative.buieco.com.