Now Hiring: Summer PR Intern
We are currently accepting applications for our Summer PR Intern position!
Here’s your opportunity to put your talent to work and learn more about the public relations industry in Central Texas. We are looking for an intern to help us with research, copywriting, editing, media relations and events for new and existing projects and clients.
Our office is known for its creative, audacious culture. We encourage fresh ideas and welcome new perspectives. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates a strong desire to learn and grow, is self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, an effective multi-tasker, strong writer and great communicator.
You will be expected to:
- Assist with client and account coordination;
- Provide input on strategy and ideas for client and company needs;
- Draft and edit content for various communication channels (press releases, emails, social media, etc.);
- Assist with content management across multiple social media platforms;
- Research industry issues and client needs; and,
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary.
You will be a good fit if you bring:
- Availability for a minimum of 20 hours per week;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to conduct in-depth research and provide findings with concise summary;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take feedback and directions;
- Ability to communicate easily with coworkers and clients;
- Comfort contacting media and making cold calls; and,
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on new projects.
You can expect in return:
The internship is a paid position and would start as early as June 1st. You’ll learn from and work alongside incredible strategists, writers and designers, and your schedule will be flexible. We want you to learn how to work fast, work smart and interact with a team of people who respect who you are and the skills you bring to the table. We have a fun and hard-working culture that makes working here unlike anywhere else—once you step foot in the door, consider yourself an integral part of our team!
About Buie & Co.
Buie & Co. is a full-service public relations, governmental affairs and creative services firm based in Austin, Texas. We work with our clients to tell stories, engage audiences, create awareness and build loyalty.
The firm is built on a culture of communication, integrity, respect and creativity. We operate in a team environment, partnering with our clients to develop and implement strategic communication initiatives to achieve their organizational goals. We are focused on client mission and vision; on substance over style; on quality over quantity.
We are looking for intern candidates who demonstrate a strong desire to learn, who live for a challenge and stay calm under pressure, and who want to make Central Texas an even better place to live.