Title: Account Coordinator, Community Outreach
Location: Austin, Texas
This role is for a creative self-starter who wants to affect Central Texas in a positive and inclusive way. You are excited to roll up your sleeves and work alongside a variety of clients to solve some of the most significant and complex issues facing our region.
You have hands-on experience in the world of community outreach and client service, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You communicate easily with coworkers and clients, and you add energy to every conversation. You love to write, and you appreciate the nuances of language and the art of building consensus. You push yourself to always deliver the highest-quality work, but you also know how to make and take a joke. You’re eager to be part of a small but dynamic, growing team.
You will be expected to:
- Contribute meaningfully to day-to-day client management, keeping accounts on track and offering to help co-workers before they ask;
- Manage stakeholder databases, block-walk, support in-person and virtual community events and organize feedback in a meaningful way;
- Research and develop press lists and pitch the media, building relationships with reporters and working with them to tell our clients’ stories in new and impactful ways;
- Draft newsletters, blog posts, media alerts, press releases, social media and more; and,
- Work within teams to solve difficult communication challenges and engage the community around issues including education, housing and transportation.
You will be a good fit if you bring:
- 1-3 years’ full-time work experience in community outreach, public relations or a similar field (agency or nonprofit experience preferred);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred);
- Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Creative, solution-oriented approach to tasks and challenges;
- Hard-working attitude with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects; and,
- Team mentality with a desire to collaborate across client accounts and across teams.
*Background in education or transportation a plus.
You can expect in return:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, 401k, holidays, paid vacation and paid enrollment in a professional industry organization of your choice.
About Buie & Co.
Buie & Co. is a full-service public relations, governmental affairs and creative services firm based in Austin, Texas. We work with our clients to engage audiences, create awareness and build loyalty.
The firm is built on a culture of communication, integrity, respect and creativity. We operate in a team environment, partnering with our clients to develop and implement strategic communication initiatives to achieve their organizational goals. We are focused on client mission and vision; on substance over style; on quality over quantity.
Our office is known for its creative, audacious culture. We encourage fresh ideas and welcome new perspectives. We are looking for a teammate who demonstrates a strong desire to learn, who is self-motivated and detail-oriented, who lives for a challenge and stays calm under pressure, and who wants to make Central Texas an even better place to live.
How to apply:
Please email the following items to Patti Hixon at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter explaining what attracts you to Buie & Co. and why you think you’ll be a fit for this community outreach-focused role
- Three references
Applicants who best fit the position will be contacted for an interview. A writing exercise will be required as part of the process.